Summary: Allow hiding of automatic logs
When looking at [[Special:Log]] on English Wikipedia, there is no way to filter
out all automatic logs while displaying all non-automatic logs. By automatic
logs, I'm refering to logs of "side-effects" of other actions:
1) When an admion moves a page over an existing one, the old page at the target
is deleted. This deletion is an automatic log;
2) When a user is renaed, the user's pages all get moved to the userspace of
the new name; the logs of these moves are automatic;
3) When a user moves a talk page, or a subpage, along with its parent page;
4) When a user with the "autopatrol" creates a page, the marking of thwat page
5) When a user moves a page which has any protection applied to it, the
protection log entry which is created;
6) When a user edits a page with "Pending edits" protection, the current
version of the page is approved, and the user has the necessary level for
his/her edit to be accepted.
In all these cases, log entries are created which are for incidental results of
the user's actions not for the main action the user was doing; it should be
possible to hide these specific types of log entries, while show all other
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug.
You are on the CC list for the bug.
Wikibugs-l mailing list