Summary: Cron script to check enWikipedia pages and alert staff
on certain phrases
Writing at Philippe's request in the hope that someone at the Hack-a-ton this
weekend can work on it.
Because of the severity of threats of harm we want to try and create a way for
staff members to be notified when one could require action. To do this we would
like to create a script (perhaps on cron) to help. It would want to:
* Search specific pages (At first English Wikipedia's Administrator Noticeboard
(Wikipedia:Administrators'_noticeboard) and the Incidents subpage
* Fetch the current copy of the page and look for specific phrases or words
(example: 'bomb threat', 'suicide', 'threat of harm')
* When a flagged word or phrase is found email specified people telling them
a. That a flagged word had been found
b. The word that was found (and if possible the name of the section where it
c. A link to the page (and if possible the section) where the word was found.
* Not trigger another email if it sees the same phrase, in the same location,
within the next x hours (2?)
* Repeat the search every 5 minutes
Obviously an interface wouldn't really be necessary (or a good use of time) but
making it relatively easy for someone with the access to change would be great
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug.
You are on the CC list for the bug.
Wikibugs-l mailing list