Summary: automatically adding of scope-attribute to
Component: Page rendering
I propose to automatically add the scope-attribute to <th>-elements. This is
usefull for non-graphical user clients, and also helps to a more semantic html.
There was a request on de.wikipedia to add the attribute to infoboxes, which
are often build like this:
<th> Description </th>
<td> Value </td>
I guess an algorithm like this:
The scope-attribute is appended to <th> when
* there is no wikitext-defined attribute (allows overwriting)
* the <th> is the first element in its row and when its the single <th>
* when it has a rowspan-attribute it gets "rowgroup"
* else it gets "row"
* there are only <th>s in this row
* when it has a colspan-attribute it gets "colgroup"
* else it gets "col"
* when its the first in its row we might check the row below? When there's
also a <th> in the beginning we should set no scope-attribute. The best would
be checking at which "coordinates" the first <td> appears, so everything left
/or/ above could get a appropriate row/col-scope, everything left /and/ above
should get nothing. This would work with headers grouped by cells a second
row/column, too, but it's not easy to implement.
And we might have to watch for rtl-tables :-)
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug.
You are on the CC list for the bug.
Wikibugs-l mailing list