|Magnus added a comment.|
OK, let me summarize my situation, as of today:
- Every single edit (including "create item") runs with a "maxlag=5" parameter.
- If the edit fails because of maxlag, it will wait 5 seconds, then try again, until it succeeds.
- This mechanism has been in place for months.
- As of today, after every edit (including "create item"), it will check the current lag on Wikidata.
- If the current lag is >1 sec, it will sleep three times the lag (in int seconds; so, if lag is 1.5 sec, it will sleep int(3*1.5)=4 seconds) before returning.
- If that check fails for some reason, it will sleep a pre-defined time for each edit type (create item=2sec, edit=1 sec)
That is a total of three different rate limitations (two dynamic, one hardcoded fallback). Personally, I consider that beyond due diligence, verging on paranoia. Therefore, I consider this matter resolved, as far as my tools are concerned.
Cc: Edgars2007, Daniel_Mietchen, Pasleim, Magnus, abian, Lucas_Werkmeister_WMDE, ArtixKreiger, Multichill, Mahir256, Framawiki, hoo, Sjoerddebruin, Addshore, Ladsgroup, gerritbot, Aklapper, Lydia_Pintscher, Versusxo, Majesticalreaper22, Giuliamocci, Adrian1985, Cpaulf30, Lahi, Gq86, Baloch007, Darkminds3113, Lordiis, GoranSMilovanovic, Adik2382, Jayprakash12345, Th3d3v1ls, Ramalepe, Liugev6, QZanden, Zoranzoki21, LawExplorer, Lewizho99, Maathavan, DatGuy, Devwaker, Niklitov, Urbanecm, JEumerus, Tulsi_Bhagat, Wong128hk, Luke081515, SimmeD, biplabanand, Wikidata-bugs, Snowolf, aude, Dcljr, Jdforrester-WMF, Matanya, Mbch331, Rxy, Jay8g, Krenair
_______________________________________________ Wikidata-bugs mailing list Wikidataemail@example.com https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikidata-bugs