Hey all,

it doesn't look like reuse of existing concepts and standards is a
priority for this project.
One cannot build a Semantic Web application by ignoring its main
building block, which is the RDF data model.
Right now it makes no sense to call Wikidata a "semantic" application.

In my opinion, where Wikidata should be going, is to provide
read-write user-friendly, multilingual interfaces for DBPedia. That
would be a true Semantic Web application for free and open knowledge.
Too bad people cannot get over the wiki mentality. It has worked fine
for a while, but it's time to move on.

Martynas
graphity.org