At 11:55 09/04/2012, Soslan Khubulov wrote:
The best thing would be to create new engine specially for structured data. It would be also better for Wikitionary. Just remember what was Mediawiki created for. Storing marked up text pages. Mediawiki is good for encyclopedia but not for Wikitionary and Wikidata purposes.

Soslan,

you are most probably correct. However, I feel that every different need that can be discussed about Wikidata may lead to this conclusion, but with different requirements. This is why I suggest to uncouple the storing architecture (there might be several ones) from the project and to make central its interchange protocol. In doing so I suggest to refer to a NoSQL typical storing system as being by essence the most complex context since it can be format independant.

Such a protocol is more complex than a simple JSON use. It should support concepts such as structure characteristics, confidence levels, IP protection, plagiary filtering, authority authentication, encryption, langtags, mandatory information, locale files, time, embargoes, acknowledgments, etc. Possibly we may want to specify datawiki agents for the capture of the data (DWA), some of them could be automated processes (e.g. weather observations, scientific experiments reporting, stock exchanges, etc.)

jfc