Hi Tgr,

thank you for the input!

2012/8/12 Tgr <gti...@gmail.com>:
> These mockups seem focused on displaying data, with very little focus on
> search/organization (there is only a reliability filter in the mockups and a
> text search in some of them). If Wikidata is intended only as an infobox
> replacement for Wikipedia, that's probably fine, but if it is intended as a
> data backend for a wide array of projects, then entites will easily have
> hundreds or thousands of entries, which is unmanageable with the current
> interface. Some sort of tag-based filtering would be useful so that editors
> can get an overview of all the facts which describe when aspect of the entity
> (e. g. being able to tag the property "Country" globally as "geography" and
> then on the "Berlin" page being able to only view facts which are tagged as
> "geography").

This is correct. We intentionally left out the managing of a big
number of statements to "later", as soon as we know how they are
actually used. In short, in this case we go for "launch, gather data,
refine".

There is the possibility of globally tagging properties, or about
adding sections as with wikitext, or other options.

> The other thing I miss is some area editors could use to display important
> information related to the page, such as a warning label when there is a
> dispute going on. A freely editable area on the top of the page (like the one
> provided by LiquidThreads) would be nice.

We are discussing solutions for that. There is still the talk page,
which might provide some of the functionality for that, but not all
obviously. As of now I hope that no such information is needed at all,
but we will monitor usage and respond to needs. But again, something
we don't want to start develop too early.

> I would also expect a link from each property name (like "Population") to a
> property page ([[Property:Population]] or whatever) which explains the
> conventions for that property.

Yes, this will be the case.

Cheers,
Denny