Hi Amir, Hi Joan,

thank you both for your great work on the Python Bots that you are
creating for Wikidata.

The two of you have uncovered an important double abstraction of
Wikidata: the dual life of items and pages. Yes, Wikidata is
MediaWiki. An item is represented on one page. And can thus be edited
as pages. But there is also the possibility to deal with items
directly, and not worry about the underlying MediaWiki layer.

The two projects deal with Wikidata on the two different levels. And I
think this is good, because right now, no one knows what the best way
will be to access Wikidata programmatically. I would love to see many
different approaches being tried now and in the following months, and
then let the wild world out there decide which one shall flourish.

If you need anything from us, we will try to accomodate. We got many
good comments from Merlissimo, and will be making sure that they get
implemented, although we cannot ensure that we do it in the timespan
he would prefer.

Cheers,
and again, thank you!
Denny

2012/10/26 Amir Ladsgroup <ladsgr...@gmail.com>:
> Update again and check again
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/pywikipedia/10615
>
> On 10/25/12, Joan Creus <joan.creu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I svn up'ed 5 minutes before sending the previous mail... Let me check
>> again.
>>
>> Not working :S.
>>
>> Joan Creus.
>>

> --
> Amir

Project director Wikidata
Tel. +49-30-219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das