>> Changing the language does not really work, the title of the item
>> pages remain in English.
>> http://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges?setlang=de
> Did it have a German label or just a language link to dewp?

Probably it did not have a manually entered label at the time. After
my post it now has. From what you write and what I tried today I
assume that your don't use the Wikipedia-page title in a given
language as default for the top line label of the wikidata page?

I realize that sometimes the Wikipedia title may not be the best final
label but it seems an excellent default.
a) a display default e.g. in recent changes. Presently many pages in
recentchanges just show a number, although they are connected to many
wp articles already.
b) as a gray editable default when editing a page.

Presently, when in editing mode, the label on top seems to be visible
only in a single language. If a label in English has already been
entered, there is no access to it, neither read nor write. So when I
go to a data page, I usually see NOTHING at the top when my language
is set to German. The only way to guess the label of a data item is in
fact to use the Wikipedia article titles.

Gregor