Due to an DB schema update issue we did not deploy today. The wiki was
read-only for a short while, as we started deployment, but we rolled it
back.

Nevertheless big thanks to everyone involved. We will reassess the schedule.

Cheers,
Denny

2012/12/3 Denny Vrandečić <denny.vrande...@wikimedia.de>

> From <
> http://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Project_chat#Deployment_schedule> :
>

> If everything goes well, we will deploy a new version of the Wikibase
> extension today to Wikidata, probably around 7-9pm UTC (i.e. in the next
> few hours). Things might go wrong, deployment might stall, or we might need
> to retract. The API will change quite a bit (you can see the new API on the
> test
> repository <http://wikidata-test-repo.wikimedia.de/>) and also there are
> a few fixes and new features (List of pages without a label, yay!) that
> will be rolled out. The API will very likely break the bots, but should be
> quite stable then (no promises, though). No Phase 2 features will be rolled
> out yet (we removed them from deployment code). We would love to get
> feedback and bug reports. A lot of code has changed in the backend to
> enable the data propagation to the clients.
>

> If all goes well, we will also deploy a public client to use the data from
> Wikidata. If the repo, the client, and the synchronisation work well for a
> few days, we will aim at deployment to the Hungarian Wikipedia. If anything
> goes wrong, we won't deploy to the Wikipedias in 2012, but in early 2013
> (as we want to make sure that we are available for fixing Wikipedia in case
> something goes wrong).
>

> So, this is the current plan. Things might change, but here is to keep you
> posted.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Denny
>
> --
> Project director Wikidata
> Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Obentrautstr. 72 | 10963 Berlin
> Tel. +49-30-219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de

Project director Wikidata
Tel. +49-30-219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de