Hor Meng Yoong <yoon...@gmail.com> schrieb:

>On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Katie Filbert
><katie.filb...@wikimedia.de>wrote:
>

>> PostgreSQL is really not supported at all yet for Wikibase.
>MediaWiki
>> core support for Postgres is also currently broken, while patches for
>sites
>> schema updates, ORM support are pending on gerrit.
>>

>Look like using PostgreSQL is a no-go for me at the moment for my
>project.
>Both MySQL and PostgreSQL are great but the former is being changed to
>more
>proprietary and its open-source's future is uncertain.
>I would urge the MediaWiki development community to consider further on
>this.

I would not be that definite. There are some companies which are using
MediaWiki and they may also will use WikiBase. They also might have
professional Database-Support. Looking at this it could also make sense to
support MSSQL or Oracle (in this case it's pitty that Apple doesn't have an own
AFAIK).

And no: I'm definitely not a business guy. :=D

Marco