We are reluctant, but open, to renaming it. But not to "Fact". Statement
has the nice ambiguous quality regarding its correctness which Fact lacks.

On the other hand, the similarity to rdf:Statement is not merely syntactic,
so I do not see too much of an issue here.

2013/2/1 Nicholas Humfrey <nicholas.humf...@bbc.co.uk>

> Hello,
>
> My colleague Yves Raimond and myself were just having a quick chat about
> the Wikidata RDF serialisation plans.
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata/Development/RDF
>

> While the reification makes sense, we thought that it looked a bit too
> much like rdf:Statement.
>
> w:Berlin s:Population Berlin:Statement1 .
>
> Berlin:Statement1 rdf:type o:Statement .
>

> Perhaps you could rename o:Statement to o:Fact instead?
>

> nick.
>

> -----------------------------
> http://www.bbc.co.uk
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and
> may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless
> specifically stated.
> If you have received it in
> error, please delete it from your system.
> Do not use, copy or disclose the
> information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender
> immediately.
> Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails
> sent or received.
> Further communication will signify your consent to
> this.

Project director Wikidata
Tel. +49-30-219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de