Heya folks :)

Here's your favorite weekly summary of all the good stuff that
happened around Wikidata during the last week.
The wiki version is at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata/Status_updates/2013_03_01

= Development =
* Extended diff view to include references now
* Fixed bug where incorrect statements revision was shown in diff view
* Added first version of Linked Data interface (RDF/XML); will be
accessible from Special:EntityData
* Updated the demo system http://wikidata-test-repo.wikimedia.de/
* More work towards using Solr for our search
* More investigation and fixes of search issues
* Fixed several bugs in the entity selector and improved its behavior
* Worked on refactoring of how our widgets use the toolbar
* Worked on implementation of missing data model components in JavaScript
* A lot of bug fixing

See http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata/Development/Current_sprint
for what we’re working on next.

You can follow our commits at
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/q/(status:open+project:mediawiki/extensions/Wikibase)+OR+(status:merged+project:mediawiki/extensions/Wikibase),n,z
and view the subset awaiting review at
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/q/status:open+project:mediawiki/extensions/Wikibase,n,z

You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata at
https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/buglist.cgi?emailcc1=1&list_id=151540&resolution=---&emailtype1=exact&emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&email1=wikidata-bugs%40lists.wikimedia.org

= Events =
see http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata/Events

* Wikipedia Day NYC
* upcoming: Wikimedia metrics and activities meeting:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Metrics_and_activities_meetings/2013-03-07
* upcoming: office hour (German)

= Other Noteworthy Stuff =
* Rollout of phase 1 (language links) on all remaining Wikipedias is
still planned for March 6
* Next update on wikidata.org is also planned for March 6. This will
have bugfixes and if all goes well string as a new available data
type.
* Proposal was made to the Hungarian, Hebrew and Italian Wikipedias to
be the first batch to use phase 2 of Wikidata (infoboxes). Scheduled
timeframe for this is end of March
* https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Database_reports has some
useful reports like the list of most used properties
* The interwiki shortcut :d was changed to always use www in the
resulting link (to prevent editing issues on other URLs).
* The list of available properties is growing:
http://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:List_of_properties and a whole
bunch of new ones are being discussed at
http://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Property_proposal
* Reasonator gives you a nice adapted view of an item about a person:
http://toolserver.org/~magnus/ts2/reasonator/?q=Q1339
* Items by cat helps you find missing items in a certain Wikipedia
category: http://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Bene*/Items_by_cat
* A few more additions to http://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Tools
that you should have a look at if you’re editing statements
* We now have more than 2600 active users on Wikidata. Thanks for
being awesome. <3

= Open Tasks for You =
* Help bring the content of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikidata to the remaining
Wikipedias that will get phase 1 on March 6
* Hack on one of
https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=need-volunteer%2C%20&keywords_type=allwords&emailcc1=1&resolution=---&emailtype1=exact&emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&email1=wikidata-bugs%40lists.wikimedia.org&list_id=162515

Anything to add? Please share! :)

Cheers
Lydia

Community Communications for Wikidata