We will have a time datatype, and every property is strongly typed. This is
also true for properties used as qualifiers.

Regarding the priority of qualifiers: very high. They are the next major UI
feature to be deployed, and as far as I can tell from the progress of the
team it looks like they will be deployed in April.

Cheers,
Denny

Project director Wikidata
Tel. +49-30-219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de