On 10-08-2013 10:54, Jiang BIAN wrote:
On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 10:11 PM, Denny Vrandečić
<denny.vrande...@wikimedia.de <mailto:denny.vrande...@wikimedia.de>> wrote:

    Hi Anthony,

    that's the internal data structure, and this is bound to change
    without notice. I am sorry if this caused trouble.

    If this is a common concern, we will start documenting and
    announcing those changes. It really should only concern the people
    processing the XML dumps.

I am one of the people processing the XML dumps, and I don't think it is a big deal. But I have had to change my parser many times to be able to parse new dumps because of changes in the format (in most cases, but not always, because of new features),

I just adapt to the changes without fuss, but if the format was documented I could file bug reports whenever the format is deviating from the documentation which might be helpful to the developers.

(BTW, the time values seems to be OK again, after many syntax errors in the beginning. But the coordinate values have some strange (probably erroneous?) variations: Values where the precision and/or globe is given as "null", and values where the globe is given as the string "earth" instead of an entity).

About the inconsistency in the dump file, is there any bug entry created
for this?
(I can create one, if anyone can point me the proper place to do that).

Not for my sake. I adapted to two entity formats in the dumps immediately when the new format started to appear.

Best regards,
- Byrial