Hoi,

Indeed, they do no longer include the VIAF identifier, they did in the
past. Yes, there are all kinds of errors with the template used. However,
from my perspective this is a Wikipedia with really limited resources
making the best of what is on offer.

In the past I blogged about this very issue and in my opinion, we need
people to work on localisable templates to be used in every project that
cares to use them.

Remember, this IS a wiki, it does not have to be perfect, it does not even
have to be good. What it does need is a lot of effort to make it as good as
we can get it. This is not academia and it could do with help from the
people from academia :)

Thanks,
      Gerard