We're figuring out the use of ranking, it's cool but imho it would be great
if the results of the discussions are injected back directly into the
Wibibase data model. If we give cleat labelling to ranks and the two or
three use case that are identified are clearly labelled as such this could
be great for usability and would not look like a bit of black magic
recepies to the newcomer.

Something I would avoid is "If you label this as normal this will be shown
is the query data result but not in the infoboxes who will show the results
only with preferred ranks with two sources". So maybe we could encode some
rules on Wikibase itself, such as "no claim can be ranked as preferred if
they are properly sourced", which could display a useful error message to
the user if he tries that out, or a tip to why the option is deactivated ?