On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Luis Villa <lvi...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 7:32 PM, Gaurav Vaidya <gau...@ggvaidya.com>
> wrote:
>
>>  - This includes 363 license templates that indicate licensing for
>> Commons files under public domain, Creative Commons and other open access
>> licenses. These were created by bots and still require verification before
>> use. They are listed at
>> http://mappings.dbpedia.org/index.php/Category:Commons_media_license
>>

> Interesting!

Good to hear that :)

> Is there documentation somewhere on how you ended up with those particular
> 363 licenses? Failing that, a pointer at the relevant code would be welcome
> :)

This involved some manual work to gather the related templates and a bot to
import them in the DBpedia mappings wiki. See the following links for
details

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Gaurav/DBpedia/dcterms:license
https://github.com/gaurav/extraction-framework/issues/16
https://github.com/gaurav/extraction-framework/issues/18
https://github.com/gaurav/extraction-framework/issues/20
https://github.com/gaurav/extraction-framework/pull/30

The way we designed it with Gaurav there is no need to code anything to
change an existing licence mapping or add a new one
you just need to request editor rights for the DBpedia mappings wiki (
http://mappings.dbpedia.org)
Hard-coding this into code could probably give us more fine-grained control
but it would be much harder to adjust.

Best,
Dimitris

> Thanks-
> Luis
>

> --
> Luis Villa
> Deputy General Counsel
> Wikimedia Foundation
> 415.839.6885 ext. 6810
>
> *This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you have
> received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
> mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
> reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
> members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. For more
> on what this means, please see our legal disclaimer
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>.*

Kontokostas Dimitris