One quick idea of which I'm not quite sure if your idea covers or not:
Inside an article in language A is a red link to a non-existing article
in that language but it does exist for language B. Interacting with the
red link in the wiki for language A offers the option of reading it in
language B. Could be quite useful in cases where a lot of people who
understand language A also understand language B.

With regards,
Svavar Kjarrval