One problem is that the English page is about the *word*, not the *thing*. It
should not be a subclass of neighborhood, but rather an instance of word (or the
description should be changed). Similarly, if the item is about the word, then
actual neighborhoods can't be an instance of that word.

Another problem is that a loan word is often generic in the original language
(e.g. in German, "angst" just means fear, there is no German translation for the
English "angst", even though it's taken from German).

By the way, the corresponding German word is, I suppose, "Kiez" - which has
Articles in German, English (about the word or the thing?), and several other
languages. Whether a German "Kiez" is the "same" as a Brazilian "Bairro" is up
to you to decide...

These are problems of semantic modeling, and drawing lines between similar but
culturally different concepts. They are tricky issues, but I do not think the
software can help with this.

At some point, we may add proper modeling for linguistic entities, to cover the
needs of Wiktionary. Then you could model all the relationships of the words,
but you'd still have the same issue with the items.

-- daniel

--
Daniel Kinzler
Senior Software Developer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.