Thanks Maartens for the info.

On 08.03.2015 02:03, Jeroen De Dauw wrote:
Hey,

 > And to answer your second question: "Maximum number of values is 50
(500 for bots)" (from
https://www.wikidata.org/w/api.php?action=help&modules=wbgetentities)

That seems a bit much to me. Considering an entity can easily be over
1MB in size. Won't something die by the time you get to half a GB?

I would expect that most cases are less than 1MB, esp. if you use the filtering options of the API (e.g., fetch the datatype of 500 properties). An alternative would be to have a size-dependent limit that cuts of the results when a certain data size has been reached, and includes a continuation link (like in paging) with the results.

Cheers,

Markus