Hi!

> Are the distances available somehow? I.e., the distances between the
> wikibase:center and the searched locations?

There is a distance function - see
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikidata_query_service/User_Manual#Distance_function
- and there also soon will be a way to retrieve distances when searching
around point - right now they are recalculated and this is a waste since
the search already knows the distance, but in current version it
discards it.

There's a slight bug in current version (see the example above for the
workaround - the hint to disable analytic mode is required in some
situations) - that's why it was not announced yet.

But for many applications geof:distance already works. The rest will be
implemented an announced soon, probably sometime next week or week after
that.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@wikimedia.org