Hi!

> What do we need to take into account to figure this out? What are the
> constraints/concerns/etc?

Hmm... Looks like I maybe spoke too soon. While it is not a problem to
make *WDQS* accept federated queries, it may be a problem to make
federated queries actually *work*, because production machines do not
seem to have direct access to the internet.

Which means if we want to make it work, we'd need to ask ops for one-off
exceptions to firewall policies, which are usually frowned upon - they
are hard to maintain and in general require extra effort and aren't
really best practice.

Maybe some of the use cases might be better served by TPF server
(https://github.com/blazegraph/BlazegraphBasedTPFServer) - this does not
enable federated queries per se but enables to produce content that can
be queried externally more easily.
--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@wikimedia.org