For many events at Wikimedia NYC, we use a shortcut -- once you're on
Wikipedia -- like "WP:Harlem" also known as "Wikipedia:Harlem"

The redirect (before it redirects):
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Harlem&redirect=no

Redirects to the Schomburg editathon we held earlier this year
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/Schomburg

I understand why URL shorteners are non ideal. I support that I guess.
These Wikipedia shortcuts have been very helpful although they probably
don't work across projects. Another reason to avoid Meta #sigh

Best,

- Erika

*Erika Herzog*
Wikipedia *User:BrillLyle* <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrillLyle>