Hi!

> I think in terms of the dump, /replacing/ the Turtle dump with the
> N-Triples dump would be a good option. (Not sure if that's what you were
> suggesting?)

No, I'm suggesting having both. Turtle is easier to comprehend and also
more compact for download, etc. (though I didn't check how much is the
difference - compressed it may not be that big).

> to have both: existing tools expecting Turtle shouldn't have a problem
> with N-Triples.

That depends on whether these tools actually understand RDF - some might
be more simplistic (with text-based formats, you can achieve a lot even
with dumber tools). But that definitely might be an option too. I'm not
sure if it's the best one but a possibility, so we may discuss it too.

> (Also just to put the idea out there of perhaps (also) having N-Quads
> where the fourth element indicates the document from which the RDF graph
> can be dereferenced. This can be useful for a tool that, e.g., just

What you mean by "document" - like entity? That may be a problem since
some data - like references and values, or property definitions - can be
used by more than one entity. So it's not that trivial to extract all
data regarding one entity from the dump. You can do it via export, e.g.:
http://www.wikidata.org/entity/Q42?flavor=full - but that doesn't
extract it, it just generates it.

--
Stas Malyshev