I think this question has come up before, but I was wondering if there was
anyone has a working Wikidata Suggest widget of some kind that works similarly
to Freebase Suggest which has finally been turned off completely:

    https://developers.google.com/freebase/v1/suggest

I've been using Freebase entities in the past to provide some measure of data
normalization, and am in the middle of converting my entities over to Wikidata.
The specific application is a jobs board that needs to control the names for
Organizations, Subjects and Locations [1,2].

I need to create suggest like functionality in the application and was
wondering if anyone else had done anything like a Freebase Suggest already. If
this is a gap area I was thinking of creating a React component that uses the
Wikidata SPARQL endpoint [3] which I was pleased to see already supports CORS.
But I'm not married to React, so if someone has another JavaScript library that
does this I'd love to hear from you.

//Ed

[1] https://github.com/code4lib/shortimer/issues/38
[2] http://jobs.code4lib.org