Am 27.09.2016 um 23:14 schrieb Info WorldUniversity:
> Hi Daniel, Markus and Wikidatans,
>
> Thanks for your interesting "modeling elevation with Wikidata" conversation.
>
> Daniel, in a related vein and conceptually, how would you model elevation
> change
> over time (e.g. in a Google Street View/Maps/Earth with TIME SLIDER,
> conceptually, for example) with Wikidata, building on the example you've
> already
> shared?

You would use the "point in time" qualifier. We use this a lot with population
data, see for instance <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q64#P1082>.

> Would there be a wikidata Q-item for all 46 sub levels, for example?

That's a question of desirable modelling granularity. I would suppose that for
troy, we would have one item per sub-level, since it's such a famous site. But
we would probably not have every sub-level of every archeological excavation.
This is always a question of balance, and always a matter of debate.

--
Daniel Kinzler
Senior Software Developer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.