Dear all,

We had a discussion about tools that allow for creating ontologies (or at least
structured vocabularies) collaboratively in the context of terminology curation
in the biological domain.

Some people were in favor for Semantic MediaWiki, which made me wonder if there
are other projects than Wikidata that are using Wikibase for structuring their
data.

I would be very interested in learning about experiences when setting up and
using Wikibase locally. I have neither set up Semantic MediaWiki or Wikibase
myself yet, and a better comparison of the two design principles behind the
tools from a user’s perspective would be great. If you have any link,
information, article to share in this direction, I would be happy because I
couldn’t find anything by myself.

Thanks in advance and I am happy to explain my use case in more detail if
needed.

Best,
Claudia

Human-Centered Computing (HCC)
Freie Universität Berlin  |  Institute of Computer Science
https://hcc.mi.fu-berlin.de