Exciting Daniel, Denny, Lydia and Wikidatans and Wikitionarians!

How might we best collaborate? (CC World University and School which
donated CC WUaS to CC Wikidata last October plans wiki schools in all 7,943
languages (http://glottolog.org/glottolog/language) as well as major
universities in all ~200 countries' main and official languages (Harvards
of the Web, accrediting on CC MIT OCW in 7 languages and CC Yale OYC for
Bachelor, Ph.D. Law, and M.D. degrees and I.B. high school diplomas) seeks
to facilitate all Libraries (http://worlduniversity.wikia.
com/wiki/Library_Resources) and all Museums (http://worlduniversity.wikia.
com/wiki/Museums) in all languages, a universal translator (
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/WUaS_Universal_Translator), and
ALL-languages Brain research - http://worlduniversity.wikia.
com/wiki/Brain_and_Cognitive_Sciences - plus much more re all languages.
Much of this will occur intially via this main WUaS SUBJECT_TEMPLATE -
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/SUBJECT_TEMPLATE - which is the basis
for most of WUaS's ~720 wiki pages, before WUaS moves into a new wiki
emerging from Wikidata, hopefully in January).

Glad Poly may be getting financial support!

Cheers, Scott
http://worlduniversityandschool.org/
https://twitter.com/WorldUnivAndSch

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 1:24 PM, Denny Vrandečić <vrande...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Someone from the Wikidata development team would be better informed about
> timelines and development. If no one has time, I can offer a view into my
> understanding of the data model, but since I'm half a world away from the
> development there would be an obvious caveat.
>
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016, 21:45 Daniel Bogre Udell <dan...@wikitongues.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Denny,
>>
>> Thank you so much for sending this over. A closer alignment between
>> Wiktionary and Wikidata is very exciting, and a project that Poly has great
>> potential to support. If you're close to this effort, I would love the
>> opportunity to have a quick call and tell you more. Will you be
>> available this coming week, between 10/17 and 10/21?
>>
>> Warmly,
>> Daniel
>>
>> Daniel Bogre Udell
>> Director
>>
>> *Wikitongues*
>> www.wikitongues.org
>> Every language in the world
>>
>> +1 (917) 975 1410
>> @dbudell
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 11:50 PM, Denny Vrandečić <vrande...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> good luck with the proposal! Did you take a look at Wikidata's proposal
>> to support Wiktionary?
>>
>> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Wiktionary
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Denny
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 8:19 PM Daniel Bogre Udell <
>> dan...@wikitongues.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello, Wikidata community!
>>
>> My name is Daniel Bogre Udell and I'm a co-founder at Wikitongues, a
>> non-profit organization and international volunteer community dedicated to
>> defending linguistic diversity. We're building the world's first public
>> archive of every language in the world, and counting some very enthusiastic
>> Wikimedians among our ranks, we're excited to announce that we've submitted
>> a proposal
>> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Wikitongues_Poly_Feature_Set_1>
>>  for
>> this upcoming round of Wikimedia Project Grants to support Poly, an open
>> source platform for sharing and learning languages.
>>
>> Poly stands to improve the language content for both Wiktionary and
>> Wikivoyages by creating a broader network of language content aggregation.
>> Through it, the breadth of these projects will be expanded and their
>> language accuracy improved. Furthermore, in gaining access to new language
>> communities working with Wikitongues, Wikipedia stands to benefit from the
>> incubation of new language editions.
>>
>> We're eager for community feedback, so if you think there are more points
>> of alignment between Poly and Wikidata, please let us know in the project's
>> discussion
>> section
> [...]

- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President

- http://worlduniversityandschool.org

- 415 480 4577

- PO Box 442, (86 Ridgecrest Road), Canyon, CA 94516

- World University and School - like Wikipedia with best STEM-centric
OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in
California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization.

World University and School is sending you this because of your interest in
free, online, higher education. If you don't want to receive these, please
reply with 'unsubscribe' in the body of the email, leaving the subject line
intact. Thank you.