Hello folks,

Wikidata's fourth birthday is tomorrow, and we have a lots of things for
you!

Some Wikidata editors organize events for the birthday on several
continents \o/ Three meetups already took place in Turin (Q495)
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q495>, San Francisco (Q62)
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q62> and Tokyo (Q1490)
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q1490>, next ones are tomorrow in Paris (Q90)
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q90> and Utrecht (Q803)
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q803>. You can find all the other places and
dates here <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Fourth_Birthday/Events>.
You can also follow what happens on Twitter with #Wikidatabirthday
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/wikidatabirthday?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash>
.

During the week to come, I'll share with you the gifts that the Wikidata
team and some community members prepared for the birthday. These are very
exciting new features, visuals, games... You can check every day the
Project Chat, the mailing-list and the birthday page
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Fourth_Birthday> to see what's
new :)

I will also share with you some user stories, blog posts and other stories
that people wrote for the birthday. If you write something, please send me
the link so I can highlight it during the week!

Let's start with this birthday user template
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Template:User_Wikidata_birthday_2016> that
you can add to your user page, made by Pigsonthewing, thank you :) Thanks
also Charlie for the banner on the birthday page
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Fourth_Birthday>!

I can't wait to start this birthday week and share all these nice gifts
with you :)
Cheers,

--
Léa Lacroix
Community Communication Manager for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de

der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für