I am currently in Suriname, where I gave a talk on open
data/wikipedia/wikidata. Next week there will be a handson session, where I
hope to get as much contribution from this country as possible.

When I demonstrated the WDQS, the audience took offense in the way Suriname
is depicted on the map view used in the WDQS. There is a territorial
dispute with the neighboring country Guyana, called the Tigri area(
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigri_Area). In the WDQS this area is
currently being drawn as being part of Guyana. The maps drawn in the
WIkipedia article shows how the issue is dealt with here when drawing maps.
i.e. The area is explicitly drawn as being a territorial dispute, which is
more factual.

Any idea's on how to get a similar mapview on the WDQS? Thanks to Wikipedia
Zero, where people can have free access to Wikidata (even in remote
area's), there is quite some potential to get people involved in adding
local data. Having the current mapview is counter productive.

Cheers,

Andra