From: Joanne Yeomans <joanne.yeom...@ifla.org>
Date: Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 7:47 AM
Subject: [IFLA-L] Call for nominations for the IFLA namespaces/linked data
committee
To: "ifl...@infoserv.inist.fr" <ifl...@infoserv.inist.fr>

Dear all,

Do you know something about namespaces? Or does someone in your
organization have an interest or knowledge in this technical area? Would
you like to help develop the namespaces for IFLA’s standards?

IFLA publishes FRBR, ISBD and UNIMARC; if you believe in supporting these
as free resources for the whole world to use, we need you, to help us to
make and keep their namespaces available.

The IFLA Committee on Standards is looking for enthusiastic people to work
together to develop the provision of IFLA namespaces and their management.
The Linked Data Technical Sub-Committee (LIDATEC) will be a group of up to
7 people working together – mainly online – to develop the procedures and
support for maintaining IFLA’s namespaces. The Sub-Committee reports to the
IFLA Committee on Standards.

Applications to work on the Sub-Committee should be sent to
electi...@ifla.org by 30 June 2017. The format of the application is brief
– if you are interested in working with us on this topic, simply describe
your own expertise and knowledge in a short paragraph. A selection will be
made in July and we hope the selected participants will be able to meet
with us in Poland in August.

As IFLA is a not-for-profit organisation, funded by library membership, we
unfortunately do not have funding to support individual participation.
Please, however, consider contributing your (or your organization’s) time
and financial support and unite with us to improve the library world for
the benefit of all.

Members of the committee try to meet once a year at the IFLA World Library
and Information Congress; discounted registration is available for people
selected for the LIDATEC committee.

Applications to electi...@ifla.org by 30 June 2017:

Name:
Institutional affiliation (if any):
Short (APPROXIMATELY 250 WORDS) explanation of your background and
experience *relevant to this committee* (particularly in the area of linked
data and RDF publishing):

Please share this message with anyone you think might have an interest in
helping.

Thank you,

Joanne Yeomans

Professional Support Officer

International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions

IFLA Headquarters - PO Box 95312 - 2509 CH The Hague - The Netherlands

Tel. +31 70 314 0884 <+31%2070%20314%200884>
Email. joanne.yeom...@ifla.org

Skype: joanne.yeomans

Website for IFLA Officers: http://www.ifla.org/en/officers-corner

(Please be aware that I am not in the office on Wednesdays.)

--
Alex Stinson
GLAM-Wiki Strategist

Learn more about how the communities behind Wikipedia, Wikidata and other
Wikimedia projects partner with cultural heritage organizations:
http://glamwiki.org