This is really awesome! I met some of the team working on their LOD
software at an event at Stanford in the spring -- they seem to be doing
really amazing and savvy work to make their library data fully compliant --
excited to see Wikidata become a data hub for them (they weren't really
sure if they were going to do that when I talked to them then). Glad you
have been able to make progress!

Cheers,

Alex

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 10:28 AM, Fariz Darari <fadi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Congrats and best wishes for the project!
>
> -fariz
>
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2018, 21:17 Alicia Fagerving <
> alicia.fagerv...@wikimedia.se> wrote:
>
>> Wikimedia Sverige is proud to be
>> the recipient of $65,500 in support from the Swedish National Library for
>> our project Library Data.
>>
>> We will work in collaboration with the Swedish
>> National Library to include a number of datasets onto Wikidata, such as
>> data about authors, libraries and different special databases of
>> bibliographies[1]. This is a pilot project where we aim to discuss with
>> the
>> community what to include and what to exclude. Based on the discussions
>> and
>> the requests from the community we will design a continuation of this
>> project (if this first part is deemed successful continuous funding is
>> possible for 3-4 more years).
>>
>> We started investigating a possible long term
>> partnership with the National Library in 2017 when Wikimedia Sverige
>> delivered inputs to the new National Strategy for the Library Sector on
>> how
>> Sweden's libraries can work with Wikimedia for mutual benefits.[2] The
>> National Library has just made history as the world's first national
>> library to fully transition to Linked Open Data (BIBFRAME 2.0),[3] so the
>> timing could not have been better; we are now in position to examine how
>> this move can benefit Wikidata and other Wikimedia projects.
>>
>> Please contact
>> the project manager André Costa (andre.co...@wikimedia.se) or the
>> developer Alicia Fagerving
>> (alicia.fagerv...@wikimedia.se) if you have
>> any questions.
>>
>> As always, you can find the full application on our wiki (in
>> Swedish):
>>
>> * https://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/Projekt:Strategisk_
>> inkludering_av_biblioteksdata_p%C3%A5_Wikidata_2018/Ans%C3%B6kan
>>
>> [1] <https://libris.kb.se/deldatabas.jsp>
>> [2] <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimedia_
>> Sverige_-_Wikipedia_och_biblioteken_i_Sverige.pdf>
>> (in Swedish)
>> [3] <http://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/kungliga_biblioteket/
>> pressreleases/kb-becomes-the-first-national-library-to-
>> fully-transition-to-linked-data-2573975>
>>

>> Kind regards,
>>
>> ~*~
>> Alicia Fagerving
>> Developer
>> Wikimedia Sverige (WMSE)
>>
>> e-mail: alicia.fagerv...@wikimedia.se
>> phone: +46 73 950 09 56

Alex Stinson
GLAM-Wiki Strategist
Wikimedia Foundation
Twitter:@glamwiki/@sadads

Learn more about how the communities behind Wikipedia, Wikidata and other
Wikimedia projects partner with cultural heritage organizations:
https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM