On 10/20/18 11:57 AM, Ettore RIZZA wrote:

> From Peter F. Patel-Schneider
> Hi,
>
>     I see no reason that this [adding subclass relationships sanctioned by
> corresponding Wikipedia pages]
>  should not be done for other groups of living
>     organisms where subclass relationships are missing.
>

> It seems very simple to me. Maybe too simple. Perhaps I am intimidated by the
> kilometers of discussions I'm reading about the taxon-centric aspect of
> Wikidata, when I'm not a biologist. So, there is no problem if we add
> that Cetacea  <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q160>is a subclass of aquatic
> mammals <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q3039055>, as indicated by
> its Wikipedia page <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cetacea>?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ettore

How can there be any effective counter to adding these relationships?  Many
Wikidata items correspond to Wikipedia pages.   If the true information about
the Wikidata item in the corresponding pages cannot be added to the Wikidata
items, then the correspondence is not correct and should be removed.

peter

PS:  Of course, determining truth may be contentious in some cases, but these
will be a small minority.