On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 10:16 PM Amir E. Aharoni
<amir.ahar...@mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> I'd also say that it would be a very good idea NOT TO RUN BOTS THAT ADD
> GRAMMATICAL FORMS.
>
> Wiktionaries in some languages have templates and modules that show things
> like verb conjugation and noun declension.  If I'm allowed to fantasize, the
> ideal thing to do would be to have something like a common API framework in
> Wikibase Lexeme (probably in Lua or JavaScript), and that different languages
> would be able to auto-generate forms in a robust way. The problem of doing it
> with bots is that if something is wrong or incomplete, fixing it later will
> be a nightmare. In fact, doing it with a bot would be a regression when
> compared doing it with a template, as it's done in Wiktionary.
>
> I don't know whether Wikibase developers actually plan to create such a
> framework—it's just a wish :)

Your wish will be granted at some point ;-)  (though I have no idea
yet how we're going to make this happen beyond what you lined out)
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T202282

Cheers
Lydia

Product Manager for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de

Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207.