On 21/08/2019 13:20, Houcemeddine A. Turki wrote:
Dear Ms.,
I thank you for your efforts. I tried to contact Ms. Léa Lacroix and Ms. Lydia. However, I failed due to my participation to many sessions. I saw Ms. Lydia when returning to the hotel on the third day. But, I had to go for the old town. I had nine points to raise:

1. Instance of and Subclass of are not well defined for users although they are quite different. I ask if these two properties can be merged as is-a. This will be easier to process by users and developers.

I would say in most Semantic Web applications there is a distinction between class and instance. I wonder if you can give examples of the problem. I see that diseases are instances of diseases which may be contested. Are you aware of WikiProject Ontology

https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Ontology

2. There is a large misuse of Wikidata properties. I ask if it will be possible to add description logics to Wikidata properties so that such matters will not happen.

We have property suggestions and ShEx which might help. There is also SQID webservice https://tools.wmflabs.org/sqid which is of help.

3. There is a lack of several labels, statements and references in Wikidata. I ask if it will be interesting for Wikimedia Deutschland to work with us on using citation indexes to enrich and verify the information provided by Wikidata.

I wonder if you could be more concrete here.

It more sounds like editor issues?

4. Legal issues related to data integration into Wikidata still exist. There was a session in Wikimania about this. However, this should be ameliorated.

I which way should it be ameliorated? Should we leave CC0?

5. Some statements are more important than other ones. For example, medical signs that rarely exist or that are not specific should given less weight than important signs. Using fuzzy logic is important here.

That has also bothered me. To a certain extent qualifiers may be used.

6. Several CC-0 Online Lexicons already exist. I ask if there is a possibility to speed up integrating them to LexData.

Could you give some pointers to this? For modern Danish, I know Q66371001 which is CC0, but not much more. I am under the impression that Basque has been setup automatically presumable from an existing resource.

7. Wikidata property constraints should be ameliorated. For example, medical signs of a disease should be associated to the corresponding statuses of the disease.

I suppose one could create items for stages.

8. Wikidata Labels can be used to translate Mediawiki messages using the principle of Reasonator.

Perhaps to a certain extent. Currently translatewiki is used. That has review option. I am not sure that Wikidata can be used to translated messages such as "Write a helpful note for {{GENDER:$1|$1}} and future reviewers.‎"

I am not sure what "the principle of Reasonator" is.

9. In a Wikidata statement, the object can be a triple. For example, X Known for (X Co-founder of Y). I ask if this fact can become supported by Wikidata.

Qualifiers to a certain extent makes that possible. Perhaps new properties are necessary.

best regards
Finn

I ask if we can have an online meeting to discuss these nine points
Yours Sincerely,
Houcemeddine Turki (he/him)
Medical Student, Faculty of Medicine of Sfax, University of Sfax, Tunisia
Undergraduate Researcher, UR12SP36
GLAM and Education Coordinator, Wikimedia TN User Group
Member, WikiResearch Tunisia
Member, Wiki Project Med
Member, WikiIndaba Steering Committee
Member, Wikimedia and Library User Group Steering Committee
Co-Founder, WikiLingua Maghreb
Founder, TunSci