Forwarding to the list a question sent to -owners.

Federico

-------- Messaggio Inoltrato --------
Oggetto: Using wikidata to extract aditional information about entities
Data: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 10:33:49 +0000
Mittente: Ricardo Pinto

Good afternoon!

My name is Ricardo Pinto, I am currently doing my thesis, and I am trying
to make calls to Wikidata. I am presently using SPARQLWrapper in python to
make the calls, but I am having trouble with some things that I hope you
can help me with.

1. How can I get the entity identifier? Given an entity (e.g. Portugal) I
need to get its identifier (e.g., Q45). Currently, I am doing this
by searching on google, but I need this to be systematic. Can you help me?
2. While searching for entities related to another entity, I need to make
calls using properties. Is there a way to know what the most used
properties are? I need a systematic way to choose properties to search. Can
you help me?

Best regards,
Ricardo Pinto.