Hi everyone,

Over the past few days a few WikiEducators have started talking about
quality assurance and review processes.  A QA and review page has been
set up in the WIkiEducator namespace:

http://www.wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Quality_Assurance_and_Review

The purpose

The purpose of this page is to initiate open and transparent dialogue
with WikiEducators to:

discuss and develop WE processes that will assist in promoting the
quality of our teaching materials;

      * develop a draft policy for quality assurance for consultation
        and adoption by the community;

An open invitation to all WikiEducators

      * We are seeking volunteers to assist with the development and
        drafting process. So if you have an interest or specific
        expertise in this area -- Please add your name to the list on
        the relevant page
        (http://www.wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Quality_Assurance_and_Review
)
      * WE are asking your input on key questions. Please respond on the
        relevant talk page in the wiki (not this list). WE need to keep
        a record of the discussions in one place.

Questions so far:

      * Do we have the right assumptions and guiding principles for the
        development of a QA and review process?
      * What is the recommended time frame for developing and
        instituting a QA and review policy in WE?
      * Can the WE QA and review process be broken down into "degrees of
        completion"?
      * Should our commitment to quality be stated as a core value of
        the WE community

If you have any thoughts on these questions -- please post them under
the relevant discussion:

http://www.wikieducator.org/WikiEducator_talk:Quality_Assurance_and_Review