Presently I am waiting to hear back from a local hosting companyhere on how
much it would cost us to install the FCK editor on Otago Polytechnic's
MediaWiki. My thinking is that if there was an FCK editor on that wiki, our
staff could use it to author content easily, and then copy paste what they
have created into Wikieducator. I think it would be a little easier than
using Open Office. There is potential to think about the FCK editor in the
browser as an offline editor as well... unfortunate name that FCK.. what is
it with open source software naming culture!?

2008/5/15 Wayne Mackintosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>
> Hi Leo,
>
> Thanks for the reference to http://pro.yeeyan.com.
>
> I visited the site -- and sadly I can't read the Mandarin script :-(,
> so I'm finding it difficult to compare the editing features of this
> site with WE.  It doesn't appear to be a rich text editing environment
> -- but I could be wrong.
>
> mmm .. the question of easy editing versus the freedom and the power
> to innovate is a complex issue.  It is also a very popular topic on
> our list!  I hear and understand what you are saying about the
> difficulties of helping non-technie teachers to get started with
> content development on the wiki. I'm a teacher myself and when I first
> started using this technology -- I was also faced with the challenges
> of learning new skills. However, the skills I have learned have opened
> a new world of collaboration an sharing. I view the skills of wiki
> editing as an essential life skill in a connected world!
>
> While the inertia to get started requires a little effort -- the
> benefits far exceed the challenges of learning a little wiki syntax
> <smile>. WE has inversted considerable time and energy in training and
> the development of training materials to support Newbies in joining
> the community -- perhaps we should look at translating some of these
> resources into Chinese?
>
> Cheers
> Wayne
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On May 14, 6:08 pm, "Wong Leo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have been using proyeeyan for some time ,http://pro.yeeyan.com, it is
> > using mediawiki , and found it very user-frinendly , you can eaisly edit
> and
> > upload pics and inserts tables charts , and it look just like any
> mediawiki
> > ,and I am sure it is ,
> >
> > could WE do something like that , it will not make WE become another
> > wikispaces , but will surely attact more Non-techie persons like myself
> >
> > Leo please check it out and register for yourself and see for yourself
> then
> > argue with me
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > blog:http://leolaoshi.yo2.cn
> > HELP项目https://groups.google.com/group/helpelephantsliveproject
> >
>


-- 
--
Leigh Blackall
+64(0)21736539
skype - leigh_blackall
SL - Leroy Goalpost
http://learnonline.wordpress.com

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "WikiEducator" group.
To visit wikieducator, go to: http://www.wikieducator.org
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to