Hi Alex  ,

So sorry I mistaked you as a man ,coz I know another great person from TALO
he is from AUS he is a man ,he helped me a lot even interviewed me during
the FLNW conference in Thailand ,

well for wikieducator I am not the best person to introduce to you ,but if I
have to , I would like to say , I am sure wikiversity is doing great job but
I am personally growing with WE since their first L4C workshop , I was the
only one from China at that time and I learned so much from Wayne Randy
Leigh just to name a few here .WE is like a online home for me :) hope you
enjoy your stay here

I have also done a reseach on my own teaching last year by also using real
life examples ,it was really a learning experience for myself , I need to do
more this year !!

by the way teaching is just my part time job now , but love teaching for me
.

My wikieucator page http://wikieducator.org/user:leolaoshi ( I canot access
that when I am in my school network )

I also replied you in talo ,have to go to bed it is very late here

thank you for taking time doing this

Leo



2008/5/17 Alex Preal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>
> Hi Leo,
>
> Finally here! Not a guy but a woman. From Spain. Sorry, but what´s so
> amazing about my suggestion?! Always introduced a real purpose within
> my teaching practice (whether social or not), enhances learning by
> providing a clear focus and stimulating minds. Student engagement is
> prime to me. My current research is about the interconnections between
> arts, technology & science and potential applications to social
> science methodology and language learning.
>
> Drawing resources basically requires defining needs, a well-thought
> structure, and dragging people in. I know some who´d be glad to take
> part (NGO, lecturers, researchers, psychologists).
>
> New here, so I don´t know if wikieducator is the best starting point
> (?) Or maybe one page here linking to wikiversity (?)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alex
>
> On May 15, 7:18 pm, "Wong Leo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I repost this from TALO group  by a guy called Alex not sure where
> exactly
> > he is from ?
> >
> > *Crossed answers(?) Re my previous reply, it´s OK now. The thing is if SP
> > government doesn´t endorse, then there are no military aircrafts & the
> cost
> > of shipping is crazy; and if the Ch govrn doesn´t publicize aid is
> accepted,
> > that deters people & would be associated with Myanmar.  Immediate relief
> > requires very specific items so the most straightforward is fundraising
>  to
> > then send the appropriate stuff, but this requires a higher degree of
> trust
> > than in-kind. Sounds lousy but it´s how it works, at least here.*
> >
> > * *
> >
> > *Tomorrow I´ll get back to you (local holiday) with more info.  By the
> way,
> > would you be OK for an email interview? Could you hang a video somewhere?
> > And jot down a few lines about yourself and what you want to do addressed
> to
> > an educational/academic audience? I´ll try to get it published. A
> personal
> > appeal is always more fruitful. *
> >
> > * *
> >
> > *In the meantime I think TALO could give a hand longer term, i.e., when
> > international relief aid finishes and reconstruction begins (?) E.g.:
> > Survivors will continue to need psychological assistance to cope with
> > mourning and online guidance/coaching for local professionals could be
> > helpful. Kids will need houses, schools & materials, etc.  Entire new
> life.
> > *
> >
> > * *
> >
> > *C´mon, folks, don´t you think we could try to build a resource database
> >  (docs, contacts, ideas…) which will be helpful in 3-6 months?! They will
> > need years. I hardly know anything about China but it´s worse not trying.
> > I´m submitting a proposal to introduce the China earthquake as a study
> > case/project at masters level to combine learning with a real purpose.
> >  Could you do something similar, or in one class?*
> >
> > * **Alex*
> >
> > **I felt amzing by what Alex has brought into attention at TALO , he is
> > talking about something exactly what China need most and maybe it is
> > something WE can do it together by using its great commuity here ,we need
> > expert on Psychology and technology support but I determined to help Alex
> to
> > do this while I am still struggling with my own paper also .
> >
> > any comments ?
> >
> > Leo
> >
> > --
> > blog:http://leolaoshi.yo2.cn
> > HELP项目https://groups.google.com/group/helpelephantsliveproject
> >
>


-- 
blog:http://leolaoshi.yo2.cn
HELP项目https://groups.google.com/group/helpelephantsliveproject

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "WikiEducator" group.
To visit wikieducator, go to: http://www.wikieducator.org
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to