Valerie,
Some good ideas.

I do see how the "help wanted" aspect of a project could be part of the main
info box (I've been using the contentinfobox for projects). Here's my
simplistic view of the process: a person connected with a particular project
specifies what help is needed in fields in a box on the project page. The
request automatically show up on help wanted list(s). WE members interested
in helping leave a note on the contact's talk page (or maybe on the project
talk page, not sure). Volunteer is brought up to speed on the work needed
and works to get it done. Later in the development work, different help is
needed, so the infobox is revised to specify new help wanted request.
Request goes out and new helpers arrive and do work.

For "Title of Resource" I mean the name of the project, in my case: Working
with Spreadsheets using OpenOffice.org Calc. Your draft infobox has a "name"
field, this takes care of it.

"Needed expertise" might include: basic wiki editing skills; never used a
spreadsheet application/willing to tryout tutorial and offer feedback;
English to Spanish translation...

Agree that box should include "date needed by."

I see that you've included a field called "activity" where the project
leader would put in a brief summary of what work is needed. That works for
me.

I think an effort such as this could really help the community.
Alison