Greetings Mr. Wong --

I noticed your emphasis on Elephant conservation which I agree is a
good unifying program.

I have sketched an advertising campaign for what we might call the
Global U (global university) with saving elephants a theme.[1]  Global
U is a metaphor for this planet we share.  Spaceship Earth is another
such metaphor.  I think if we imagine ourselves sharing a giant
spherical university campus, as students and faculty, we might work
together better, while improving the curriculum.

Elephants represent memory, wisdom... I'm sure many traditions in
China have well-developed symbolism.  In the Hindu tradition, we have
Ganesh.[2]

When I search on "elephants" in Wikieducator I find those essays by
young people in Israel.  They were apparently assigned the task of
creating Wiki pages and reviewed a story of how elephants seemed to
know in advance about the tsunami in Southeast / South Asia in 2004.
The autobiographical content is also interesting.

Pulling together lore (stories, both true and fictional) about
elephants from many cultures, exploring elephant imagery in different
civilizations, could well serve to anchor an excellent curriculum for
business managers who also see themselves as diplomats and world-aware
problem solvers (as "global university students" in other words).

In the world of cyber-skills, using geographic information systems to
identify ecosystems where elephants still thrive (there are not many)
will help build skills and awareness.

Thank you for your work,

Kirby Urner
http://wikieducator.org/User:KirbyUrner

[1] http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2007/06/our-global-u-advertisement.html

[2] http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&q=ganesh

PS:  I was in China in the early 1970s and treasure the memories.  I
was a much younger man then.
Example picture by one of my traveling companions:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/17157...@n00/2559427759/
(I've also been to Iran where I met many fine people -- would be great
to get back there, as well as to China)