Hi Alison,

 I rarely use the table syntax so I would not be much help. However, I
prefer to use the simple table extension which denoted by <tab> </tab>

See the folllowing for an example of a table inside a template.

User:Kruhly/Collapsible_Tables#Simple_Table

Cheers

Rob

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Alison Snieckus
<alison.sniec...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Wayne, Jim and Rob for your ideas.
>
> I see what you mean, it's the pipe and equals sign that cause the problem.
> And we can use embedded templates for each to substitute in the correct
> character. Clever workaround.
>
> I messed around with Rob's idea to provide an argument/parameter for the
> Content field. I didn't get it to work. Is there a working template that
> shows how to code for this?
>
> Thanks, Jim, for getting me started as to how exactly to add the add the
> embedded escape templates.
>
> Alison
>
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Robert Kruhlak <kru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> You could also try specifying the argument for the "Content", ie
>>
>> 1= The following are ...
>>
>> and you might not need to "escape" all the special characters.
>>
>> Also, Template:Activity2  a more recent version of the activity
>> template might be helpful.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Rob

Robert Kruhlak