Hi everyone,

The OERu is excited to announce the launch of our *1st year of study*.

The inaugural offering of the OERu’s *Learning in a Digital Age
<https://oer.nz/lida>* course starts on *14 March 2018*.

This is a no-cost course for self-motivated learners with an internet
connection to build core skills and gain valid qualifications. This open
online course is recommended for all learners thinking about tertiary study
or currently engaged in higher education.

The course is based entirely on OER and you are free to reuse, adapt or
modify these resources for your own purposes or you can direct your own
learners to these free resources.

*Share the gift of knowledge*

If you know of learners or communities who may be interested in developing
the skills and confidence to become competent and autonomous learners in
the digital age, please circulate this information.

Here is a poster <https://oer.nz/lida101poster2018> you can download and
share with your communities and networks.

*Qualification options*

Successful completion of the Learning in a Digital Age course offers a
number of qualification options for learners interested in formal academic
credit. If and when they are ready for assessment, they can earn:

   - Stackable micro-credentials from Edubits <https://oer.nz/oeruedubit>,
   or
   - The Certificate Higher Education Business <https://oer.nz/certhe>, a
   United Kingdom-based, first year qualification from the University of the
   Highlands and Islands, or
   - The Certificate in First Year Foundations
   <https://oer.nz/certfoundations>, a United States-based, first year
   qualification from Thomas Edison State University.

This is a significant milestone for our charitable collaboration.
International credit transfer is complex and were are pleased to have
achieved two university level qualifications from our OERu open online
courses assembled by our international partners.

Best wishes

Wayne

--
Wayne Mackintosh
Director OER Foundation and OERu facilitator