As someone who really did open an FBI case last year about a credible threat
that arose from wiki-stuff, some of y'all need a primer on Goin' to the Cops
101.

1. Their time and resources are finite.
2. They don't like paperwork.
3. Part of their job is to quell people who want to misuse the system for
frivolous complaints.

So you get a series of questions.  Stuff like:
* Why do you consider this a threat?
* Are you really scared by that?
* Have you contacted the ISP?
* What have they done?
* Have you contacted the folks who run Wikipedia?
* What have they done?
* Why didn't you call us sooner?

And if you don't have good answers to all those questions plus records of
the doors you knocked on before calling law enforcement, you'll end up
looking pretty foolish.  And when you think how many people who really deal
with criminal stalkers have trouble getting rudimentary help from the law
because they're the needle in a haystack of frivolous complaints, you may
feel regret.

Grawp targeted me too.  It was an annoyance.  Be reasonable, people.  Start
up a petition to the ISP.

-Durova

http://durova.blogspot.com/