2009/1/18 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dal...@gmail.com>:

> What makes you think it's more classy than it appears? They do bitch
> about Wikipedia constantly, it's not the journalists twisting things.

Yes, but journalists do push the story when it's not warranted (saying
nice things about CZ along the lines of "more good freely reusable
content is a win for everyone" confuses them nicely) and it doesn't
make CZ look classy.

It's not true to say that all or even most spend their time bitching
about Wikipedia ... it is true to say that it doesn't make them look
good. But hey, they don't need me as a volunteer image consultant.

OTOH, it does get cheap press quickly. c.f. Conservapedia, which has
no other features worth a moment's discussion.

>> Epistemia, from the description, appears to be yet another thing in
>> the same space. What's the differentiator from Citizendium?

> According to the OP: "Epistemia aims to correct both these issues, without
> implementing the overly-restrictive mechanisms that Citizendium has."

"Good luck with that." And remember that "A Group Is Its Own Worst
Enemy" cited Wikipedia as a group that had avoided this fate at the
time of the essay (2003) - since then it appears to have hit its head
on every step on the way down.

>> (And by the way, well done on keeping the hell away from the GFDL,
>> broken piece of shit that it is.)

> Hear, hear.

With others tending to CC-by-sa, a license move would be Wikipedia catching up.

- d.