note that JSTOR is only if you physically go to the library -- I will
check what sections of it they actually have.

this also applies to ANCESTRY

DIGITAL SANBORN for NY STATE is in the business library only--most
cities will have the corresponding maps for their own cities or
regions.

naturally, an advantage of actually going to the library is that if
you don't find what you want online, they will have some additional
things in print. And most reference librarians, at most times of the
day, are more likely to be underworked than overworked. We need
customers to justify our budgets--almost all libraries keep a  count
of reference questions for the purpose.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Joseph Reagle <rea...@mit.edu> wrote:
> On Thursday 12 March 2009, David Goodman wrote:
>> But most people at Wikipedia have not even bothered to find out what
>> their public or school library may already be paying for. Almost all
>> of them buy at least some packages.
>
> As an example, this is what Brooklyn provides, just need your library card
> number:
>  http://wfxsearch.webfeat.org:80/clients/wfxbrooklyn/brooklynaz.asp?cid=11669

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.