On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 7:32 AM, doc <doc.wikipe...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I think I'll stay off the koolaid and stick with democracy,
> professionalism, and expertise - yes it can be, on some occasions,
> stupid, biased and myopic, but it is still the best system we've got.

Well, I know everyone's mileage will vary within certain constraints
but these are examples of things I sure as hell didn't learn about in
school, and might have eventually died without knowing about if not
for Wikipedia.

I know it's as much my fault as anyone else's. I mean you can say
"search the fucking web" or "go read books in the library till they
kick you out" but that can only work if you have some idea what to
look for.

Unfortunately I don't think there a good "random article" button for
the entire internet.

—C.W.