Mirrors don't get such high search rank as Wikipedia.  Most people who
search Google never look past the first 10 entries (if they even scroll down
to number 10, which many don't).

Noindexing is a distinct advantage in situations such as job searches or
business contract bids where one competitor might stoop to tactically
damaging another candidate's biography.  Yes, the information remains
available, but deliberate misinformation doesn't shoot to the top position
instantly.

http://durova.blogspot.com/