It is to be hoped that Wikipedians can hold a mailing list conversation
without inflicting further unwarranted damage upon the reputation of a
living person.  In fact the copyvio YouTube hostings were upheld as such at
arbitration enforcement, and resulted in topic bans for two editors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Arbitration_enforcement/Archive18#Matt_Sanchez

That decision withstood scrutiny including an appeal directly to ArbCom
itself.  Nobody wikilawyered to achieve that outcome, and nobody suppressed
anything.  In fact, the appeal to AE was delayed a month to give time to
obtain transcripts.  AE was a last resort after offers of BLPN and RSN were
refused.  The requesting post at AE only only asked for removal of the
violating material, and an uninvolved administrator stepped forward to topic
ban.

So far, no evidence has been forthcoming that the biography subject
manipulated Wikipedia to seek attention.  If anyone on this list has
evidence that he did, please do not reply here but send it to ArbCom and cc
me.  If the evidence is credible I will terminate mentorship and the
Committee will take appropriate actions.

-Lise

http://durova.blogspot.com/